Maintenance Controller required in Whitstable Kent
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Controller to join our clients dedicated team based in Whitstable. This role is pivotal in ensuring the smooth running of all equipment and machinery on site, maximising production availability and working closely with the Production Manager to optimise procedures and processes.
About this Maintenance Controller role required in Whitstable, Kent
- Taking responsibility for all equipment and machinery on site, ensuring maximisation of production availability.
- Collaborating with the Production Manager to enhance procedures and methods, ensuring machine/plant capacity is maximised.
- Proactively addressing problems as they arise, minimising downtime and ensuring costs are kept within budget.
- Assisting the Shift Managers and Production Operatives to meet all machinery requirements of the production plant, achieving optimal working conditions and performance from both machinery and personnel.
- Communicating and negotiating with internal and external teams to ensure robust, sustainable solutions.
- Overseeing Health & Safety within the maintenance team, ensuring compliance.
Shift Pattern for the Maintenance Controller role required in Whitstable, Kent
- Monday to Friday
- 8am to 5pm with 30 mins lunch
About you, Maintenance Controller role required in Whitstable, Kent
- Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical Engineering). Minimum Level 4 City & Guilds in a relevant engineering discipline e.g. LGCI, SVQ/NVQ level 4, Level 4 vocational awards.
- Edition 18 certification and up-to-date knowledge on legislation with regular training.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and the ability to be actively ‘hands-on’ when dealing with engineering-related problems.
- A thorough understanding of Health and Safety as applicable to maintenance and engineering procedures.
- Substantial practical engineering experience, including a supervisory role managing people.
- Ability to prioritise in a complex, fast-paced environment.
What’s in it for you the ideal Maintenance Controller role required in Whitstable, Kent
- Onsite parking
- Up to £35,000 DOE
- Initially a 6 month agency placement, with the view of becoming permanent
If you are a proactive, hands-on engineer with a flair for problem-solving and a strong focus on enhancing productivity, we would like to hear from you. please apply with a full CV, or call Larkspur Group on 01795 501 801 to find out more.